Last month both akiro experts, Brad Mondschein and Dave Audibert, joined Pri-Med to make sense of the realities of healthcare M&A. They came to the conclusion that 90% of physician practice merger and acquisition transactions fail to reach their financial goals (for either side). The reasons vary:
- Unrealistic expectations of practice value by the physician
- Underestimation of cost and financial performance by the purchase
- Integration of EMRs and technology infrastructure
- Inadequate operation optimization
- Overvaluation of physician accounts receivable
- CPT coding issues
Learn from medical M&A experts how to avoid the pitfalls and maximize your profit potential.